Circumstances beyond my control kept me away from the computer Sunday and Monday and wowzers! Here are three things that stood out for me: ABC set a premiere date for its Marvel series, Inhumans; Spike acquired season one of The Shannara Chronicles (which will air after The Mist); Hulu announced the addition of Sissy Spacek and Jane Levy to the cast of Castle Rock.
“The Shannara Chronicles” Sneak Peek
Enclosed is a preview of this week’s episode of “The Shannara Chronicles” airing on Thursday, June 29 at 11pm ET/PT on Spike. On the first episode, “Chosen: Part 1,” Amberlie becomes one of the Chosen but has a frightful vision. Eretria sets her sights on Wil and the Elfstones he received from his dying mother.
Season One of the critically-acclaimed series will air this summer directly following the Spike original series, “The Mist.” The second season of the popular fantasy series will air on Spike TV this fall.
“The Shannara Chronicles” stars Austin Butler (Wil), Ivana Baquero (Eretria), Manu Bennett (Allanon), Aaron Jakubenko (Ander) and Marcus Vanco (Bandon) along with new cast members Vanessa Morgan (Lyria), Malese Jow (Mareth), Gentry White (Garet), Caroline Chikezie (Queen Tamlin), and Desmond Chiam (General Riga).
# # #
- Sissy Spacek (Carrie) has been cast in Hulu’s upcoming original drama series Castle Rock.
- Spacek will play Ruth Deaver, estranged adoptive mother of Henry (Andre Holland), a retired professor whose fading memories may hold a key to Castle Rock’s unsettling past.
Jane Levy (Suburgatory, Don’t Breathe) has been cast in Hulu’s upcoming original drama series Castle Rock.Levy will play Jackie, the death-obsessed, self-appointed historian of Castle Rock.
- A psychological-horror series set in the Stephen King multiverse, Castle Rock combines the mythological scale and intimate character storytelling of King’s best-loved works, weaving an epic saga of darkness and light, played out on a few square miles of Maine woodland.
- Sam Shaw & Dustin Thomason developed the project for television and serve as executive producers along with J.J. Abrams, Ben Stephenson and Liz Glotzer.
- Castle Rock is from Bad Robot Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.
MARVEL’S NEW TELEVISION SERIES
‘MARVEL’S INHUMANS’ WILL PREMIERE ON ABC ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
The highly anticipated new Marvel television series “Marvel’s Inhumans” will bring the fan-favorite comic book series and a new kind of family drama to the small screen this fall on ABC. The network series premiere, including the first two episodes of “Marvel’s Inhumans,” will air FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.
The legendary comic book series will be brought to life in a way that has never been done before, as a version of the first two episodes will be shown globally in IMAX theatres for a two-week period, beginning September 1, 2017. ABC will then air the entirety of the series throughout this fall on the network, with additional exclusive content that can only been seen on ABC.
“Marvel’s Inhumans” explores the never-before-told epic adventure of the royal family including Black Bolt, the enigmatic, commanding King of the Inhumans, with a voice so powerful that the slightest whisper can destroy a city. After the Royal Family of Inhumans is splintered by a military coup, they barely escape to Hawaii where they are greeted with surprising interactions with the lush world and humanity around them. Now they must find a way to reunite with each other and return to their home before their way of life is destroyed forever.
“Marvel’s Inhumans” stars Anson Mount as Black Bolt, Iwan Rheon as Maximus, Serinda Swan as Medusa, Eme Ikwuakor as Gorgon, Isabelle Cornish as Crystal, Ken Leung as Karnak, Ellen Woglom as an undisclosed character, Sonya Balmores as Auran and Mike Moh as Triton.