Shout! Factory has announced the launch of a branded digital streaming service – Shout! Factory TV – effective today.
The service will be available through multiple platforms and will feature Shout! Factory’s cult movie and TV libraries – everything from the B-movies of Roger Corman to The Marx Brothers, The Ernie Kovacs Show to Mystery Science Theater 3000.
Follow the jump to learn more.
SHOUT! FACTORY ANNOUNCES BRANDED DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT STREAMING SERVICE SHOUT! FACTORY TV
Los Angeles – February 5, 2015 – Building on its commitment to innovation and excellence as a purveyor of pop culture, Shout! Factory, a leading multi-platform entertainment company, unveils today the launch of a branded digital entertainment service, SHOUT! FACTORY TV. The announcement was made today by Shout! Factory founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos.
Expanding upon Shout’s strategy to further maximize the value of its cult movie and TV libraries across broadcast, VOD, satellite and telco distribution businesses, the development of SHOUT! FACTORY TV is an important step in broadening Shout’s reach beyond traditional distribution platforms.
SHOUT! FACTORY TV is a premiere digital entertainment streaming service that brings timeless and contemporary cult favorites to pop culture fans. With a uniquely curated entertainment library, the channel offers an unrivaled blend of cult TV shows, movies, comedy, original specials and more – presenting an exciting entertainment alternative to major streaming services. SHOUT! FACTORY TV: Changing the Channel.
To view a video introduction to SHOUT! FACTORY TV, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsjdxqFthd4
To experience the free streaming service, visit ShoutFactoryTV.com on your computer or through a mobile browser. Download the Shout! Factory TV app on Roku to watch through your television set.
Whether reliving childhood memories or discovering television series, movies and comedy specials for the first time, SHOUT! FACTORY TV will provide an immersive, high-quality viewing experience across a wide variety of screens and platforms, online at ShoutFactoryTV.com and on smartphone devices, tablets and connected TV, with an initial rollout on Roku.
SHOUT! FACTORY TV’s programming leverages a distinctive library of pop culture-defining entertainment curated from Shout! Factory, Westchester Films, Timeless Media Group, Scream Factory, major studios, independent producers and other sources from around the world.
Discover and enjoy more than 2,500 hours of movies and full-length TV episodes available to watch for free on SHOUT! FACTORY TV. A sampling of titles available to viewers timed to the channel launch and coming soon include, but not limited to:
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 (beginning with over 30 episodes)
- Home Movies animated comedy series
- The Weird AL Show
- It’s Garry Shandling’s Show
- Father Knows Best
- Dennis the Menace
- The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis
- The Saint
- Gerry Anderson collection (hand-picked episodes from Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet, Fireball XL5, Joe 90, and Supercar)
- Secret Agent
- Kevin Smith: SMODimations
- Steve Martin Stand-Up Show Case, featuring Steve Martin: Comedy Is Not Pretty & Steve Martin: Wild And Crazy Guy
- Mel Brooks: Make A Noise
- The Ernie Kovacs Show
- Werner Herzog movie collection, featuring 16 acclaimed films and documentaries
- Roger Corman’s Cult Classics (select movie titles)
- The Marx Brother’s A Night in Casablanca
- A Room with a View (Oscar®-winning film by James Ivory)
- Death of a Salesman (Golden Globe® and Emmy® winning film by Volker Schlondorff)
- HOOP DREAMS (A film by Steve James)
- Award-winning films such as THE LONG VOYAGE HOME (John Wayne), THE STUNT MAN (Peter O’Toole, Steve Railsback, Barbara Hershey), STAGECOACH (John Wayne), Bruce Beresford’s BREAKER MORANT (Jack Thompson), THE RULING CLASS (Peter O’Toole)
Multi-screen lifestyle users and consumers can easily discover and enjoy SHOUT! FACTORY TV’s library of content by browsing film, TV, originals or via keyword search.
Key features include:
- Highest quality video available for all titles
- Free-to-consumer ad-supported video
- Original videos and special bonus behind-the-scenes featurettes
- Live programming stunts, such as the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day Marathon
ABOUT SHOUT! FACTORY
Shout! Factory, LLC is a diversified multi-platform media company devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their entire careers sharing their music, television and film favorites with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory’s DVD and Blu-Ray™ offerings serve up feature films, classic and contemporary TV series, animation, live music and comedy specials in lavish packages crammed with extras. Shout’s audio division boasts GRAMMY®-nominated box sets, Broadway cast albums, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable “best of” compilations. In addition, Shout! Factory maintains a vast digital distribution network which delivers video and audio content to all the leading digital service providers in North America. Shout! Factory also owns and operates Timeless Media Group, Westchester Films, Biograph Records, Majordomo Records, HighTone Records and Video Time Machine. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Santa Monica, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com
# # #