I’ve made it known numerous times that I’m not a big fan of Pixar Movies. I appreciate their technical brilliance and great story telling, but I always found the animation style to be hollow, with that said, the while everyone raves about how awesome The Incredibles is, I’ve always found it to be just Ok. I like the story and it makes me laugh but it’s just too clean and artificial looking for me.
a2 french coursework ideas research papers for biotechnology viagra pill make you last longer clomid iui success stories poverty in kerala essay https://tffa.org/businessplan/essay-about-steps/70/ follow https://smartfin.org/science/how-long-does-it-take-bystolic-to-lower-blood-pressure/12/ get link get link keflex vision changes opinion essay college essay outline template pdf jettbull bitkisel viagra essays about fashion designers follow link go site seroquel information https://willcoxwinecountry.org/linkedin/letter-of-application-example/47/ camping with friends essay https://norfolkspca.com/medservice/combinar-viagra-con-levitra/14/ http://hyperbaricnurses.org/15571-viagraasutralia/ Viagra Kalamazoo https://drtracygapin.com/erections/viagra-effect-on-blood-sugar/25/ viagra funnies write me a research paper paper source custom embosser https://workethic.org/order/followup-january-post-viagra/85/ viagra gnrique (sildenafil citrate) 100mg essay of yourself https://tffa.org/businessplan/the-world-economy-essay/70/ taking synthroid and eating grapefruit Picture Quality/Presentation
Just when I started to take beautiful looking Blu-rays for granted, I run across a truly awful transfer like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I just purchased a new Vizio Cinema 3D set for my hotel room; at first I thought there was something seriously wrong with the set and was ready to return it. After spending a day struggling through the awfulness of that hot mess known as Harry Potter, I put in The Incredibles. The 1080p High Definition 2.39:1, picture quality on The Incredibles is flawless. The colors are a bit muted in certain areas, but that’s not a fault of the transfer, it’s just how the cinematography was. The Incredibles’ red uniform just pop against the off white background of the walls.
Audio includes English 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio and English 2.0 DVS. French and Spanish tracks are in Dolby Digital 5.1. I always use subtitles, this movie includes English, French and Spanish.
This 4 disc set is packed with over 4 hours of extras spread out over two discs (not including the DVD) and they include all the original extras from the previously released DVD set. I’m a fan of the combo pack, I like knowing that when I purchase one of these Blu-ray sets, I’m getting the movie on every possible current format there is. It adds more value for my dollar. There’s no one stand out extra feature in this set but it’s well rounded.
- There’s a full length Director’s Commentary track with Brad Bird and John Walker and a separate commentary track with all the Animators.
- There’s a short film called Boundin (4:40) that also includes a commentary track.
- Another short called Jack Jack Attacks (4:42) – A great short that features the Baby Sitter and Jack Jack.
- Jack Jack Attack with Visual Commentary
- Paths to Pixar – 5 minute feature about what Story Artists do and how they work
- Studio Stories (Gary’s Birthday) – 1 Minute bit about Birthday’s at Pixar (lame)
- Ending with a Bang – A 1 minute clip about the end credit sequence
- The New Nomansan: A Top Secret Development – A 4 minute short about what happened to Syndrome’s headquarters
- Incredibles Teaser in HD (2 minutes)
- Classic Content – Most of the Bonus Content from the Original Incredibles DVD Release (about 40 minutes)
- Easter Eggs – Bloopers from the movie (lots of them)
- Publicity – Includes Character Interviews and Trailers
- Deleted Scenes are now in HD – There are almost 30 minutes worth of deleted scenes. The problem that I always have with Animated Deleted scenes is they never go the extra step of finishing the sequences, all we get are story boards and an explanation of what the scenes were supposed to be.
Disc 3 – DVD Copy of the Movie
Disc 4 – DisneyFile
It would have been cool if they used Disney’s new cool Second Screen app with this or a picture in picture view for the commentary, but these are minor quibbles. If you are a fan of The Incredibles, there’s no reason not to get this Blu-ray set. It’s a flawless transfer with nice extras in a full package.
- Movie – B
- Picture and Audio – A
- Presentation – B+
- Extras – A
Final Overall Grade – B+
EM Review by
Originally posted 04.24.2011