Turner will be launching FilmStruck, the company’s first streaming SVOD service, on October 19th.
Developed by Turner Classic Movies and The Criterion Collection, FilmStruck will be the largest streaming library of contemporary and classic arthouse, indie, foreign and cult films available – and will include bonus material like filmmaker interviews and rare footage.
FilmStruck will also add a premium streaming service called The Criterion Channel later this year that will be home to the entire Criterion Collection.
Read on for details on pricing, content details and platforms.
poster presentation on resume viagra gesunder mann 250 words is how many paragraphs are in a narrative essay buy generic zoloft no prescription stats homework helper essay pets professional thesis ghostwriters services gb high school essay topics examples medicamentos que contengan citrato de sildenafil high prolactin and clomid 1000 word essay layout for geography https://cadasb.org/pharmacy/man-takes-5-viagra/13/ all uses viagra get link source url cut crestor tablets in half go ecommerce thesis tomar cialis todo dia faz mal go to link http://kanack.org/statement/put-thesis-term-paper/26/ kb viagra gel cialis payer par paypal source site https://www.pugetsoundnavymuseum.org/paraphrasing/separate-peace-essay-titles/24/ example and illustration essay topics piano terapeutico sildenafil ipertensione polmonare example of a report introduction essay prompt questions https://aaan.org/indications/cialis-fertility/27/ levitra 10mg ou 20mg Film Struck To Launch October 19
Turner’s New Subscription Service Features the Largest Streaming Library of Contemporary & Classic Arthouse, Indie, Foreign & Cult Films
The Criterion Channel Premium Add-On Tier Offers Unlimited Access to the World-Renowned Criterion Collection
Three Different Subscription Plans Available for a Film-Lover’s Paradise
On Amazon Fire TV, Web, iOS & Android Devices
Global media company Turner announced today it will launch FilmStruck, the company’s first domestic subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service, on October 19. Developed and managed by Turner Classic Movies (TCM) in collaboration with the Criterion Collection, FilmStruck will feature the largest streaming library of contemporary and classic arthouse, indie, foreign and cult films as well as extensive bonus content, filmmaker interviews and rare footage, making it a must-have service for serious film lovers. Later this year, FilmStruck will also become the exclusive streaming home to the world-renowned Criterion Collection library, where die-hard film aficionados can gain access to the Criterion Collection’s entire streaming library through FilmStruck’s exclusive premium add-on tier, The Criterion Channel. FilmStruck will be available exclusively on Amazon Fire TV, web, iOS and Android devices at launch, and on Apple TV and other platforms and devices in the coming months.
Film fans who sign up at www.filmstruck.com can explore FilmStruck’s curated and constantly refreshed library with a special 14-day free trial. Subscriptions to FilmStruck are available in three different pricing tiers:
- FilmStruck Subscription – $6.99/month – offering hundreds of constantly refreshed, hard-to-find and critically acclaimed films, plus exclusive bonus content including hosted introductions, originally produced pieces, interviews and rare footage
- FilmStruck + The Criterion Channel Subscription – $10.99/month – offering everything in the FilmStruck subscription plus unlimited access to Criterion’s entire streaming library of films and special features, along with channel-exclusive original programming such as filmmaker profiles, master classes, and curated series by celebrated guests from the film world and beyond
- Annual Subscription – $99/year for FilmStruck + The Criterion Channel (a $30 annual savings)
“Turner smartly identified a strategic way to move into the direct-to-consumer business by creating an over-the-top offering that was additive to the TV landscape, with programming not readily available in the streaming marketplace and that was completely differentiated from what TCM already offers” said Coleman Breland, president of Turner Content Distribution and TCM. “FilmStruck super-serves a niche and devoted audience of film fans and will be a strong addition to Turner’s portfolio of leading brands.”
“FilmStruck is a departure from the timeless Hollywood classics that we offer at TCM and a genuinely distinct offering for the streaming marketplace, focusing on a thoughtfully curated experience around hard-to-find, critically acclaimed, independent films from the most celebrated libraries in the world,” said Jennifer Dorian, general manager of TCM and FilmStruck. “By combining the expertise at TCM and the Criterion Collection – two of the leading authorities in film preservation and history – we have created something really special that is a must-have for passionate film lovers.”
“Joining forces with the team at TCM has been a dream come true, and we’re very excited about our new home,” said Peter Becker, President of The Criterion Collection. “FilmStruck is the first streaming platform to give movies the kind of deep, rich treatment that viewers have come to expect from The Criterion Collection, and The Criterion Channel opens up thrilling new ways for us to connect our passionate audience with the films and filmmakers they love.”
FilmStruck’s impressive library will feature a deep roster of constantly refreshed films from such celebrated indie studios as Janus Films, Flicker Alley, Icarus Films, Kino, Milestone, Zeitgeist, Film Movement, Global Lens, First Run Features, Oscilloscope Laboratories and Shout Factory, along with movies from Hollywood’s major movie studios, including Warner Bros. and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM). Among the hundreds of critically acclaimed and award-winning titles to be featured on FilmStruck are Babette’s Feast, Blood Simple, Blow-Up, Breaker Morant, A Hard Day’s Night, Mad Max, Metropolis, Moulin Rouge, My Life as a Dog, Paths of Glory, The Player, A Room with a View, Seven Samurai, The Seventh Seal, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Stardust Memories, The Trip to Bountiful, The Umbrellas of Cherbourg and Woodstock.
Additionally, beginning on November 11, FilmStruck will become the exclusive streaming home to The Criterion Channel, offering the largest streaming collection of Criterion films available, including classic and contemporary films from around the world, interviews and conversations with filmmakers and never-before-seen programming. The channel’s weekly calendar will feature complete Criterion editions, thematic retrospectives, live events, short films, and select contemporary features, along with exclusive original programming that aims to enhance the Criterion experience for the brand’s dedicated fans as well as expanding its reach to new audiences.
Following the same curatorial expertise as TCM, FilmStruck’s massive library will feature over 70 fully curated and constantly refreshed programming themes, along with such as exclusive bonus content as hosted introductions, originally produced pieces, interviews and rare footage. Themes include:
- The Beauty of Italy – a collection of films that highlight the beauty of Italy, from the shores of the Mediterranean to the peaks of the Alps
- Cinema Passport – a monthly “franchise” showcasing the work of countries rich in film history and culture
- Contemporary Israeli Cinema – see the country through the eyes of its people in this collection of modern works
- Directed by Mike Leigh – highlighting the films that make this iconic director beloved by film festivals and critics and remind us that normal life is not always the norm
- Early Kubrick – the early films of renowned director Stanley Kubrick show how this cinematic visionary got his start and ultimately found his way into moviemaking
- Food for Thought – a collection of films that tickles the tongue by prominently featuring food
- Icon – a bi-monthly “franchise” featuring the work of a different iconic star with each installment, beginning with legendary actors Marcello Mastroianni and Ingrid Bergman
- The Masters – a monthly, director-focused “franchise” highlighting acclaimed directors including Akira Kurosawa, François Truffaut, Fritz Lang and Chantal Akerman
- Neo Noir – explores a collection of celebrated films that pay homage to the gritty and dark genre
- Panic Room – a monthly “franchise” that explores cult and indie horror film, hosted by actor-comedian Lucky Yates
- Political Documentaries – exploring filmmakers who documented democracy in action.
- World Discoveries – a monthly “franchise” hosted by film critic Alicia Malone spotlighting cinematic gems from burgeoning film industries around the world
Additionally, FilmStruck will offer cinephiles exclusive bonus content such as archival footage and newly produced pieces offering viewers a wealth of exclusive content including:
- Mini Documentaries – FilmStruck will offer in-depth looks at different franchises or themes each month, beginning with The Masters and Icons franchises, as well as the Political Documentary and Music by Michel Legrand themes
- Point of View (POV) – celebrities and experts will offer their retrospectives on the various franchises and themes each month, including director Mike Leigh exploring his own work, and Edoardo Ponti discussing a collection of films highlighting the majestic Italian country side from the Beauty of Italy theme
- Supplemental Material – FilmStruck will offer audio commentaries, original film trailers and filmmaker interviews to provide additional context and insight into the featured films
To provide additional historical context to films, franchises and themes, FilmStruck will feature hosted introductions from film critics, actors and more, including:
- Bill Hader – the Emmy® award winning actor will provide hosted introductions and insights into director Akira Kurosawa and screenwriter Sam Fuller
- Alicia Malone – Film reporter, critic, TV host and writer Alicia Malone has been a correspondent for CNN, Access Hollywood, E!, Entertainment Tonight, The Insider, MTV and Fandango, among others: she will host the monthly World Discoveries franchise in additions to various themes on FilmStruck
- Lucky Yates – Actor and comedian Lucky Yates voices Dr. Algernop Krieger on FX’s Archer and will host the month Panic Room franchise in addition to various themes on FilmStruck
For more information on FilmStruck, please visit www.filmstruck.com
FilmStruck is a new subscription on-demand service that offers film aficionados a comprehensive library of films including an eclectic mix of contemporary and classic art house, indie, foreign and cult films. Developed and managed by Turner Classic Movies (TCM) in collaboration with the Criterion Collection, FilmStruck will be the new exclusive streaming home for the critically acclaimed and award-winning Criterion Collection, including the Criterion Channel, a new premium service programmed and curated by the Criterion team. FilmStruck is Turner’s first domestic direct-to-consumer offering launching in October 2016.
Connect with FilmStruck
About the Criterion Collection
Since 1984, the Criterion Collection has been dedicated to publishing important classic and contemporary films from around the world in editions that offer the highest technical quality and award-winning, original supplements. No matter the medium—from laserdisc to DVD and Blu-ray to FilmStruck, the streaming service developed in collaboration with Turner Classic Movies—Criterion has maintained its pioneering commitment to presenting each film as its maker would want it seen, in state-of-the-art restorations with special features designed to encourage repeated watching and deepen the viewer’s appreciation of the art of film.
About Turner Classic Movies (TCM)
Turner Classic Movies (TCM) is a two-time Peabody Award-winning network that presents great films, uncut and commercial-free, from the largest film libraries in the world highlighting the entire spectrum of film history. TCM features the insights of hosts Robert Osborne and Ben Mankiewicz, plus interviews with a wide range of special guests and serves as the ultimate movie lover destination. Currently in its 22nd year as a leading authority in classic film, TCM offers critically acclaimed series like The Essentials, along with annual programming events like 31 Days of Oscar® in February and Summer Under the Stars in August. TCM also directly connects with movie fans through events as the annual TCM Classic Film Festival in Hollywood and the TCM Classic Cruise, as well as through the TCM Classic Film Tour in New York City and Los Angeles. In addition, TCM produces a wide range of media about classic film, including books and DVDs, and hosts a wealth of material online at tcm.com and through the Watch TCM mobile app.
TCM is a division of Turner, a Time Warner company. Turner creates and programs branded news, entertainment, sports, animation and young adult multi-platform content for consumers around the world. Turner brands and businesses include CNN/U.S., HLN, CNN International and CNN.com, TBS, TNT, TCM, truTV, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Adult Swim, Turner Sports, Bleacher Report, iStreamPlanet and ELEAGUE.