There were more details on the upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One – Avengers Assembled Blu-ray Set including released today, including brand new box shots! In addition, Entertainment Weekly has debuted the poster for ITEM 47, a Marvel One-Shot Fan Experience, which will be given away following an Exclusive Premiere Screening at San Diego Comic Con later this week! Check it out, here: http://insidemovies.ew.
In anticipation of upcoming home entertainment release of Marvel’s “The Avengers”, Marvel is unleashing an all-new alternate reality game (ARG) that ultimately grants the first 300 fans with special access to an exclusive, premiere screening of ITEM 47, a Marvel One-Shot , fan experience & Special Filmmaker/Talent Q&A at Comic-Con.
Beginning on July 6th, Comic-Con attendees can download the all-new App – “The Avengers Initiative: A Marvel Second Screen App” (at the iTunes store) – that will not only garner fans unprecedented access to exclusive content building up to the home entertainment release but also give them access to partake in the alternate reality game (ARG) at Comic-Con.
Beginning on Friday, July 13th, fans will be able to start solving special codes, that when unlocked, will guide them to their next clue. The App will also have a built in map of the Gas Lamp District in Downtown San Diego that will guide them to their location spots. There will be a total of 4 spots. Fans must complete the entire ARG experience in order to redeem access to the special screening.
You can download the 2nd Screen App now for your mobile devices.
Enter the S.H.I.E.L.D. database on your second screen device accessing personnel files, comic book origins and exclusive interactive content with The Avengers Initiative: A Marvel Second Screen Experience. By downloading the app, you can:
- Become a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and participate in the Item 47 Comic-Con experience either remotely or in the field.
- Examine the confidential files of the Avengers including heroes, agents and villains.
- Sync to the movie and explore exclusive behind-the-scenes interactive content such as visual effects labs where you can explore sequences layer by layer.
- Seamlessly link the characters, stories, and scenes of the movie back to their comic book origins through the interactive Marvel digital reader.
- View the major events of the Marvel Cinematic Universe – Phase 1 on the definitive timeline of all 6 movies.