Movies On Demand has recently announced their movie list for June and has shared a brief review of “In Darkness” by ReelzChannel’s Leonard Maltin. Check out the movie list and review after the jump:
REELZCHANNEL’s Leonard Maltin Reviews an Oscar®-nominated Film Coming to ‘Movies on Demand’ Famed Film Critic, Historian, Author Recommends “In Darkness”
REELZCHANNEL’s Leonard Maltin, host of “Maltin on Movies” and author of the New York Times bestseller, “Leonard Maltin’s 2012 Movie Guide,” reviews “In Darkness,” one of this year’s Oscar® nominees for “Best Foreign Language Film,” and teases an A-list of new releases coming throughout June to Movies on Demand on cable.
“It’s [‘In Darkness’] an incredible story based on real world events from World War II,” said Maltin. “Director Agnieszka Holland paints an all too vivid portrait of this incredible experience.”
Movie lovers searching for “In Darkness,” or others they just missed in theatres, can access a list of recent films now playing on Movies on Demand at http://www.rentmoviesondemand.com.
Here are some of the offerings on Movies on Demand in June:
- Chely Wright: Wish Me Away (started 6.1, Same Day as Theatrical)—starring Chely Wright, Rosie O’Donnell
- Anderson Silva Like Water (started 6.1, Same Day as Theatrical)—starring Anderson Silva
- Safe House (started 6.5)—starring Denzel Washington, Ryan Reynolds and Vera Farmiga
- Act of Valor (started 6.5)–starring Alex Veadov and Roselyn Sanchez
- John Carter (3D) (started 6.5)—starring Taylor Kitsch and Willem Dafoe
- Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (3D) (started 6.5)—starring Dwayne Johnson and Michael Caine
- Machine Gun Preacher (started 6.5)—starring Gerard Butler
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (starting 6.12)—starring Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law
- Tyler Perry’s Good Deeds (starting 6.12)—starring Tyler Perry and Thandie Newton
- Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (starting 6.13)—starring Nicolas Cage
- In Darkness (starting 6.12)—starring Robert Wieckiewicz and Benno Furmann
- The Hedgehog (starting 6.12)—starring Josiane Balasko and Guarance LeGuillermic
- Thin Ice (starting 6.12)—starring Greg Kinnear, Alan Arkin
- Jeff, Who Lives at Home (starting 6.15, 4 Days pre-DVD)—starring Jason Segel and Ed Helms
- The Woman in Fifth (starting 6.15, Same Day as Theatrical)—starring Kristin Scott Thomas and Ethan Hawke
- Big Miracle (starting 6.19)—starring Drew Barrymore and John Krasinski
- Project X (starting 6.19)—starring Thomas Mann and Oliver Cooper
- Wanderlust (starting 6.19)—starring Paul Rudd and Jennifer Aniston
- A Thousand Words (starting 6.22)—starring Eddie Murphy and Kerry Washington
- 21 Jump Street (starting 6.26)—starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum
- The Artist (starting 6.26) – starring Jean Dujardin
- Mirror Mirror (starting 6.26) – starring Julia Roberts and Armie Hammer
- Wrath of the Titans (starting 6.26) – starring Sam Worthington and Liam Neeson
REELZCHANNEL—TV About Movies® is the only cable and satellite network delivering entertaining and informative programming that is all about movies, including the celebrities, fashion, music and stories behind the stories. The network is also home to ambitious television events, mini-series and series featuring big stories and big stars as seen with the Emmy®-winning mini-series The Kennedys. With shows featuring movie and entertainment experts, including Leonard Maltin, Richard Roeper and Sam Rubin, viewers get trusted insight into movies wherever they’re playing, whether in theaters or at home.
REELZCHANNEL reaches more than 63 million homes on DIRECTV channel 238, Dish Network channel 299, Verizon FiOS TV channel 233, AT&T U-verse channels 799/1799HD and cable systems nationwide. Find REELZCHANNEL in your area by entering your zip code at http://www.reelz.com/watch. Owned by Hubbard Media Group, REELZCHANNEL is headquartered in Albuquerque, NM with an entertainment bureau in Los Angeles.
About Movies on Demand® On Cable
The Movies on Demand® initiative is an integrated marketing campaign produced by the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM) Marketing Co-op. The cable company sponsors include Armstrong, Atlantic Broadband, BendBroadband, Bright House Networks, Comcast, Cox Communications, iO TV, Mediacom, Suddenlink and Time Warner Cable. The studios include 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate, NBCUniversal, Paramount, Relativity, Sony/Columbia, Summit Entertainment, The Walt Disney Studios and Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc. The initiative is also supported by CTAM corporate partner, iN DEMAND.
-Movies On Demand on cable can also be found on Facebook at: