The highly anticipated Destiny Expansion Pack I: The Dark Below is now available for download for your console of choice! To recap the expansion pack is going to include new loot, new story missions and quests, six-player raids, and more. The DLC costs $19.99. Official press release after the break.
Bungie and Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced today that Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below is now available for download on PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Xbox 360. Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below marks the first official expansion to the Destiny universe that adds new content to almost every activity in the game, featuring weapons and gear to earn through new story, cooperative and multiplayer activities.
“Destiny is and always has been a long-term vision for us,” said Pete Parsons, COO of Bungie. “An important part of that vision includes listening to the community as we shape what comes next. Since launch, we’ve made significant real-time improvements to the game based on player feedback, and our first Expansion will include the things people want more of in the Destiny universe. These are new activities, gear and weapons, along with another fan-favorite Raid, that expand the gameplay experience.”
Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below features the following:
- New Loot – Earn new weapons, armor, and gear, including new Legendary and Exotic items.
- Level Increase – Raise your Light Level to 32
- New Story Missions and Quests – Journey through new Hive-themed story missions and quests where you are tasked with stopping the resurrection of an ancient god, Crota
- New cooperative Strike – The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota
- New six-player Raid – Assemble your six-player Fireteam to attempt Crota’s End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth with all-new gameplay mechanics and enemy bosses
- New competitive multiplayer arenas:
- Pantheon – Set in an ancient Vex temple inside the Black Garden that features Vex-designed landscapes and tight corridors
- Skyshock – An old interplanetary defense array that offers engagements for both vehicle and infantry
- The Cauldron – An abandoned Hive ritual site that offers close-quarter combat
- New EV-30 Tumbler Sparrow – Players that purchase and redeem the Destiny Expansion Pass or Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below by January 15, 2015 will receive the EV-30 Tumbler Sparrow, enabling its riders to drive fast, take flight, and perform a set of mid-air tricks
- PlayStation® Exclusive Content* – PlayStation® players will also get access to an exclusive cooperative Strike, TheUndying Mind, and exclusive exotic weapon, The 4th Horseman shotgun
Players can purchase Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below individually ($19.99), or as part of the Destiny Expansion Pass ($34.99), which includes both Expansion I and Expansion II, on PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
The community can interact directly with the developers at www.Bungie.net, www.facebook.com/Bungie and @Bungie on Twitter. For game information, they can visit www.DestinyTheGame.com and follow the official Destiny social channels at www.facebook.com/DestinyTheGame and @DestinyTheGame on Twitter.