Probably most of the things mentioned below you guys only read about in history books.
*You were told in class at school that Pres. Kennedy had been shot, and was dead.
*You watched Lee Harvey Oswald be shot to death on national television as you ate your Sunday lunch.
*You made paper chains out of chewing gum wrappers.
*You ripped the loop off of the back of boys’ oxford shirts to add to your collection.
*You saw the Beatles in person on their first US tour.
*You wore mini-skirts, or stared at the girls who did.
*You wore hot-pants, or stared at the girls who did.
*You wore peace signs on your t-shirts.
*Flower power and peace signs were everywhere.
*You were entertained at your nightly meals with scenes from Viet Nam.
*You found out some of your class mates were killed in Viet Nam or were POW’s or MIA’s.
*You saw Bobby Kennedy shot and killed on national television.
*You watched as the nation mourned the assassination of Martin Luther King.
*You watched man walk on the moon for the first time.
i remember all the above…i never saw the beatles in person just on the ed sullivan show….
“Simone” is a satire of Hollywood.
Al Pacino plays a director whose
career is just about over. He had
been working for his ex-wife (they
have a teenage daughter), but is
about to lose that. The ability to
create a cyber actress falls into
his lap and saves his current film
and his career. GRADE = B-
Has anyone had a glimpse of this movie which stars Al Pacino? I saw it last night and I thought that it was funny but a bit too long.
Not the funniest stand up comedy movie but it certainally has it’s moments. Anyone else see this?
In honor of PIP, I’ll ask this question…What is your favorite Teeny Bopper flick? Here are mine, keep in mind I’m a sucker for the genre and love them all, but these are the ones that immediately spring to mind.
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
Pretty In Pink
She’s All That (Yes, I’m the One!)
Fast Times At Ridgemont
Drive Me Crazy (Yes, again I’m the One!)
Never Been Kissed (Again, I’m the One!)
I’m sure there are a bunch from the 80’s that I’m missing.
Are you a 70’s child?
You’re probably aged 25-35 if…
You wore anything Izod, especially those wind-breakers that folded up into a pouch you could wear around your waist.
You owned a Jordache anything, or you remember when Jordache jeans were cool.
In your sophomore class picture, you’re wearing a shirt with the collar “up”.
You know, by heart, the words to Weird Al Yankovic’s songs.
The Brady Bunch Movie brings back warm memories.
You remember the days when “safe sex” meant “my parents are going out of town”.
You thought “Weird Science” was a masterpiece.
You remember any of the following: Echo and the Bunnymen, Cutting Crew, Scritti Politti, or Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark.
Your first musical purchase was an 8-track tape.
Chevy Chase was really funny in those vacation movies.
You remember “Friday Night Videos” before the days of MTV.
A predominant colour in your childhood photos is “plaid”.
While in high school, you and all your friends discussed elaborate plans to get together again at the end of the century and play “1999” by Prince over and over again.
You remember that music that was labeled “alternative” really was.
You took family trips BEFORE the invention of the mini-van and remember riding in the back of the station wagon trying to get passing trucks to honk at you.
You often catch yourself saying “When I was your age”, “Youth is wasted on the young”, “I used to be able to do that”, or “What is that thing called again?”.
You can recite the Preamble to the Constitution, but only to the tune of Schoolhouse Rock.
You ever dressed like a cast member of a Duran Duran, Madonna, Rick Springfield, or Cyndi Lauper video.
You actually know who Rick Springfield is.
You know the origin of the phrase “Where’s the beef?”.
You remember when film critics were certain that no movie could ever possibly get better special effects than those in the movie TRON.
You wanted to move to Hawaii because that’s where Magnum lived.
If male: your first love was Marsha Brady, Jeannine, Samantha from Bewitched, Josie or any one of the Pussycat.
If female: you thought that Shawn Cassidy was “dreamy”, lusted after “Ted, your ship’s photographer” on the Love Boat or Chachi.
You don’t even want to remember the hairstyles you had in the 80’s.
You’ve shopped at a Banana Republic or Benetton, but not in the last five years, OK?
You actually remember Benetton.
You’re starting to believe that having the kids go to school all year wouldn’t be such a bad idea after all.
You ever asked to be gagged with a spoon.
You remember when there was only “G”, “PG”, and “R”.
You were not allowed to see The Exorcist, The Omen, or The Blue Lagoon when they came out.
You learned to swim at about the same time that Jaws came out and still carry the emotional scars.
You remember wanting to stay up to see Mr. Bill on Saturday Night Live.
You actually remember Mr. Bill.
You tuned in regularly to the adventures of the Bionic Man and Woman, Wonder Woman, and/or the Incredible Hulk.
You ever wanted to learn to play “Stairway to Heaven” on the guitar and choreographed “Dancing Queen” by yourself in your room.
You know all the words to the double-album set of Grease.
“All-skate, change directions” means something to you.
You ever owned a set of “Pop-Wheels”, that handy little combination of shoe and roller skate that lasted about a year on the open market.
You still wonder if Mikey died from a lethal cocktail of Pop Rocks and Coca Cola.
The first time you ever kissed someone was at a dance during “Crazy for You” by Madonna.
You freaked out when you found that you now fall into the “26 to 40” age category on questionnaires.
You remember trying to guess the first episode of the Brady Bunch from the first scene.
You had ringside seats for Luke and Laura’s wedding.
You know who shot J.R.
This rings a bell: “and my name, is Charlie. They work for me.”
You ever had a Dorothy Hammill haircut or used Short and Sassy shampoo.
You sat with your friends on a Friday night and dialed “8-6-7-5-3-0-9” to see if Jenny would answer.
You remember having to get off the couch to change the TV channel.
You could sing “99 Red Balloons” in English and in German.
Most of the fillings in your mouth are directly related to Bazooka or Bubble Yum.
Leg warmers were cool.
It was a major accomplishment to get to the “Chase” scene in Ms. Pacman.
You ever owned a Donnie and Marie or Sonny and Cher poster.
There was nothing strange about Bert and Ernie living together.
I was just wondering if anyone else out there keeps one. Mine I write in in spirts or when I just feel I need to write. I use to have a little book, but I was always afraid someone would read, trust me my mom would. Now I’ve gon all high tec and have one saved on the computer with a pass word to get it. My mom stinks at computers so I’m safe there, and this way I can read everything that I write…Any other fellow writers out there…
I saw the preview for Star Trek: Nemesis before My Big Fat Greek Wedding today, and it looks good, although I think you have to be a fan of the series (which I am). It comes out 12-13-02. The following is a synopsis from the official site:
“The Federation is about to encounter its greatest challenge – The Romulans want peace. Conceived in the regal senate halls of Romulus and forged in the dilithium mines of Remus, comes a nemesis bent on destroying Picard…and the entire Federation.
Ordered by Starfleet to be the first line of diplomacy in ushering in a new era for the Federation, the crew of the USS Enterprise-E is dispatched to Romulus for an unexpected peace mission. Once in the shadow of the Romulan Empire, Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the Enterprise crew are thrust into the center of a plot that could lead to the destruction of Earth at the hands of a new and chilling nemesis.”
Well, I just finished one hell of a Monday and when I saw these… might use them one day…
19 Excuses for missing work
1. If it is all the same to you I won’t be coming in to work. The voices told me to clean all the guns today.
2. When I got up this morning I took two Ex-Lax in addition to my Prozac. I can’t get off the john, but I feel good about it.
3. I set half the clocks in my house ahead an hour and the other half back an hour Saturday and spent 18 hours in some kind of space-time continuum loop, reliving Sunday (right up until the explosion). I was able to exit the loop only by reversing the polarity of the power source exactly e*log(pi) clocks in the house while simultaneously rapping my dog on the snout with a rolled up Times. Accordingly, I will be in late, or early.
4. My stigmata’s acting up.
5. I can’t come in to work today because I’ll be stalking my previous boss, who fired me for not showing up for work. OK?
6. I have a rare case of 48-hour projectile leprosy, but I know we have that deadline to meet…
7. I am stuck in the blood pressure machine down at the Food Giant.
8. Yes, I seem to have contracted some attention-deficit disorder and, hey, how about them Skins, huh? So, I won’t be able to, yes, could I help you? No, no, I’ll be sticking with Sprint, but thank you for calling.
9. Constipation has made me a walking time bomb.
10. I just found out that I was switched at birth. Legally, I shouldn’t come to work knowing my employee records may now contain false information.
11. The psychiatrist said it was an excellent session. He even gave me this jaw restraint so I won’t bite things when I am startled.
12. The dog ate my car keys. We’re going to hitchhike to the vet.
13. I prefer to remain an enigma.
14. My step other has come back as one of the Undead and we must track her to her coffin to drive a stake through her heart and give her eternal peace. One day should do it.
15. I can’t come to work today because the EPA has determined that my house is completely surrounded by wetlands and I have to arrange for helicopter transportation.
16. I am converting my calendar from Julian to Gregorian.
17. I am extremely sensitive to a rise in the interest rates.
18. I refuse to travel to my job in the District until there is a commuter tax. I insist on paying my fair share.
19. I’ve used up all my sick days…so I’m calling in dead!
this one is silly…but i guess true
frogs can’t swallow with their eyes open…