Baltimore Comic-Con Offers Interactive Kids’ Comics Area with cartoonists, comic creation, capes, and light saber training!
Full details after the jump!
BALTIMORE, MARYLAND – August 6, 2014 – Kids 10 and under get in free at the Baltimore Comic-Con September 5-7, 2014 at the Baltimore Convention Center — and show organizers are once again presenting a kid-friendly comics area, full of all-ages comics, as well as the artists and writers who make them. Creators from such companies as Archie, Scholastic, Disney, Simon & Schuster, First Second, Marvel, and DC will be on hand to sketch, say hi, and help to teach young ones about the magic of comics through mini-How-To’s through the weekend, right at the Kids Comics Pavilion! Plus, kids can take part in comic crafts, game shows, and more!
Activities in this super cool section of the show include:
* Interactive Comics Talks from some of Kids’ Comics top creators, such as Ben Hatke (Zita the Spacegirl), Andy Runton (Owly), Mike Maihack (Cleopatra in Space), and more!
* Design your own super hero cape and mask
* Doodle Scribble Draw! Kids Drawing Gameshow!
* Creator sketches and autographs
* Kid-Safe Star Wars Light Saber Training
* Puppet making with Chris O>Matic!
“The Baltimore Comic-Con has always been a welcoming, family-friendly show, and every year, we aim to make the Kids Love Comics Pavilion inspiring to young comic fans. Not only do we want kids to read comics, we show them how they can create their own! I wish there was an event like this when I was a kid, I know that my kid needs that.” said Mark Mariano, creator of the Happyloo graphic novel series, and co-organizer (with John Gallagher) of the kids section. “It’s so cool that I bring my own family here every year,” added Gallagher.
Here’s a rundown of the Kids Love Comics Pavilion Creators: